While Tim’s early years were shaped by the blissful humidity and an exploding punk scene in Gainesville, Florida, his first foray into filmmaking began when he moved North to the kudzu-adorned college-town of Athens, Georgia. This first project — a documentary called Dirty Work, created with David Sampliner and produced by Edward Norton — was accepted to premiere at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival. After its premiere the film went on to win numerous awards at other festivals. Nackashi has since made an easy transition into music videos and commercials, where his playful storytelling continues to capture the hearts of audiences worldwide.
He has worked with HP, Amazon Prime, Infiniti, MINI Cooper, Intel, Ray-Ban, Heineken, GQ, Pringles, Beats by Dre, G-Shock, Fuji-Film, Bing, Wetransfer, The Creators Project, VICE, The New York Times, Dua Lipa, Maroon 5, Neon Indian, Sean Paul, Jason Derulo, Pentatonix, Theophilus London, OneRepublic, Icona Pop, Electric Guest and many more.
- Critics Choice, Sebastopol Film Festival 2017 | THROUGH THE WALL
- Best Short Documentary, Oxford Film Festival 2017 | THROUGH THE WALL
- Audience Award, SIMA Awards 2017 | THROUGH THE WALL
- Best Docu-short, IMAGEN Awards 2016 | THROUGH THE WALL
- Best Music Video, MVPA 2012 | Maroon 5 “Never Gonna Leave This Bed”
- MTV O Interactive Nomination 2011 | Craig Wedren “Are We”
- Grammy Nomination 2011 | TV On The Radio “Caffeinated Consciousness”
- VMA Nomination 2011 | Death Cab For Cutie “You Are A Tourist”
- Webby Award 2010 | OK Go “WTF?”
- Premiere, Sundance Film Festival 2004 | DIRTY WORK
- Best Documentary, Atlanta Film Festival 2004 | DIRTY WORK
- Jury Award Winner, Bend Film Festival 2004 | DIRTY WORK
- Best Drawing, 5th Grade | “New Balance Shoe”